- Meat and poultry
- Fried chicken
Described by my family as tasting just like KFC Original Recipe Chicken.
5 people made this
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 3/4 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground summer savory
- 3/8 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 3/8 teaspoon ground coriander powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 200g extra fine sponge flour
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 1 egg white
- 8 to 10 portions chicken (about 110g each)
- oil for deep frying
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:35min
- Add all seasonings to an electric coffee grinder and grind to a fine powder. Add the ground seasoning to the flour and mix thoroughly. Whisk together milk and egg white. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg/milk mixture, then drain and coat thoroughly with the seasoned flour.
- Fry the chicken in hot vegetable oil in a deep fat fryer, heated to 150-160°C for 8 to 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is a nice golden colour.
- Immediately place several pieces of the very hot cooked chicken underneath an upturned bowl/dish for about 10 minutes to cool. The trapped steam around the cooked chicken will soften its coating and make it adhere to the surface of the chicken, making it taste, smell and feel a little sticky, just like the shop-bought KFC original recipe chicken.
The 1/4 tsp of garlic salt can be substituted with 3/16 tsp salt and 1/16 tsp of garlic powder, if necessary.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(0)
Reviews in English (0)
Ken-Tucky Fried Chicken
I have to give my Dad full credit for this recipe. It’s his delicious rendition of the famous 11 herbs & spices combination you’ll find in KFC recipes. The more basic herbs are brought to a whole new level with the addition of kosher salt, white pepper, curry & chili powders. (My Dad’s name is Ken, hence the ‘Ken-Tucky’ recipe name).
You can fry the chicken, as suggested below, but we’ve also baked the chicken at 350F for 35-40mins (omitting the oil), which gives you a less crispy chicken but it’s lower in fat as well. You can also start off with frying for about 15 mins to brown the chicken, and then throwing it in the oven to bake for another 20-30mins. There are alot of variations to cooking this recipe, as you can see.
My Dad’s motto (courtesy of Chef Michael Smith) is “never make the same dish twice”.
Copycat KFC Recipe
Renae is a Brooklyn-based recipe tester who has certificates in both Pastry Arts and Culinary Arts from The Institute of Culinary Education.
The Spruce / Diana Chistruga×
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 56g||71%|
|Saturated Fat 18g||91%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Vitamin C 1mg||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
When asked what makes KFC fried chicken so special, Colonel Sanders used to say, "It's still freshly prepared in every restaurant, seasoned with a secret blend of 11 herbs and spices, and then hand-breaded all day long by a certified cook." This copycat Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe (the original remains a secret) contains 11 herbs and spices, but the keys to the delicious flavor are monosodium glutamate (MSG) and the use of a pressure fryer.
A pressure fryer works similarly to a pressure cooker, but the two cannot be interchanged do not attempt to fry the chicken in a pressure cooker such as an Instant Pot. If you don't have access to a pressure fryer, you can prepare the chicken in a deep fryer or heavy Dutch oven, but the result won't be quite as authentic.
Recipe reprinted with permission from America's Most Wanted Recipes by Ron Douglas (Atria Books).
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
Over medium heat, whisk coconut milk and curry paste together in a large saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in chicken broth, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bell pepper, mushrooms, and chicken. Season with fish sauce and basil. Simmer for 10 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked, yet still tender.
Cowboy Classic Chicken Fried Steak
Nothing says Southern comfort food like good old chicken fried steak. And you may be scouring the internet trying to find the perfect recipe, but look no further. This is my Throwdown-winning chicken fried steak recipe, that even Bobby Flay couldn’t beat! If y’all never saw that episode, you can watch it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D07rdkl3JAI.
The three most important parts to getting this perfect are:
#2 How to get that crunch in every bite
#3 What we’re going to fry it in
I’ll be answering these questions and sharing my tips and secrets to get that perfect crispy, juicy chicken fried steak in my video (below). So don’t miss it, folks!
Brother John’s Beer, Bourbon & BBQ
1801 N. Stone Ave.
Fried chicken (Photo courtesy of Brother John’s Beer, Bourbon & BBQ)
Brother John’s brines their half chicken in seasoned buttermilk for at least a couple of days, then fries it to order (give them 20 minutes). It’s served with mashed potatoes, pan gravy, and buttered green beans. Make sure to take advantage of their extensive beer and whiskey selection, too.
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich
- 1 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup dill pickle juice
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 hamburger buns, toasted
- 6 dill pickle slices
- 1 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce for a spicy sandwich
- Place a chicken breast on a cutting board. With your hand flat on top of it, carefully slice the chicken in half horizontally to make 4 thin cutlets. So that the breasts cook more evenly, pound them out so that the breasts are of equal thicknesses. I do this by placing the cutlets between 2 pieces of heavy-duty plastic wrap and pounding with a mallet (or heavy skillet) until they are ¼-inch thick.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine chicken, pickle juice, and ¼ cup milk (add a teaspoon of Tabasco sauce for a spicy sandwich). Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet preheat oil to 350° F.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish combine remaining ½ cup milk and egg. In another shallow dish combine flour, powdered sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Drain chicken. Dip chicken in egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Dip in flour mixture to coat. For extra thick crispy crust REPEAT this step with each piece.
- Add chicken to hot oil and fry 4 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165° F, turning once. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Place chicken on a bun and top with pickles, and top bun. Serve with waffle fries, if desired.
You can even buy straight pickle juice by the gallon—absolutely no pesky pickles included.
For baked version: Substitute Panko bread crumbs for the flour and coat as directed. Bake at 375° F for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
For air fryer version: Add 2 Tablespoons Potato Starch to the flour mixture and coat as directed. Grease basket/pan of air fryer well. Place the chicken in air fryer and spray the chicken with oil. Cook at 340° F for 6 minutes. Flip the chicken and spray with oil. Cook for 6 more minutes. Increase the temperature to 400° F and cook for two minutes on each side.
Nuggets: Cut breast into ¾-inch pieces and coat as directed. Cook at 365° F for 4 – 6 minutes turning once.
For the chicken, place the chicken strips into a bowl and add the egg white, cornflour, salt and freshly ground white pepper. Mix well until the chicken is evenly coated, then cover the bowl with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
For the noodles, blanch the fresh egg noodles for 2-3 minutes in a large pan of boiling salted water, or until just tender. (If using dried egg noodles, cook according to packet instructions, reducing the cooking time by about 1-2 minutes.) Drain well and spread on a baking tray to cool.
Heat a wok until very hot and add the oil (CAUTION: hot oil can be dangerous. Do not leave unattended.). When the oil is very hot, deep-fry the noodles in batches until very crispy. Drain on kitchen paper.
When all the noodles are done remove the wok from the heat, and immediately add the chicken shreds, stirring vigorously to keep them from sticking. When the chicken pieces turn white, about 2 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
Clean the wok and place back over a high heat. Add the beansprouts, rice wine, oyster sauce, soy sauce, chicken stock, salt, and the black pepper. Bring the mixture to the boil, reduce the heat, stir in the cornflour mixture and bring to a simmer. Return the chicken pieces to the wok and stir to coat in the sauce.
To serve, place the crispy noodles on a serving plate and spoon over the chicken and sauce. Garnish with chopped spring onions.
Steps to Prepare Award-winning Ken's Savory Chicken Noodle Hotdish
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ken's Savory Chicken Noodle Hotdish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ken's Savory Chicken Noodle Hotdish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Choose To Consume.
Many individuals do not fully grasp that the foods you select can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food place. You will see that the nutrition in these varieties of is non existent and the unwanted side effects can be really bad. You will be delighted to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you need to be eating every day.
Everybody likes to have dessert following their meals and if you are one of those folks you may want to think about some citrus fruit. Together with vitamin C, you will realize that there are plenty of other health benefits that you will find in these kinds of fruits. You may also want to put together a couple of things like orange sections, shredded coconut blended with a teaspoon of honey.
If you determine that your health is important to you, you should take these suggestions to heart. The pre packaged processed foods that you can get in any store is also not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh healthy foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ken's savory chicken noodle hotdish recipe. You can have ken's savory chicken noodle hotdish using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ken's Savory Chicken Noodle Hotdish:
- You need of Chicken Breast.
- Prepare of Knorr's Chicken Fettuccini Side or Soup mix -or-.
- Use of Bear Creek Chicken Noodle Soup mix.
- Provide of Butter (optional, for pasta).
- Take of Green Beans, drained.
- Use of small pkg Mushrooms or 2 cans of Mushrooms, drained.
- Use of white Onion.
- Take of Shredded Cheese.
Instructions to make Ken's Savory Chicken Noodle Hotdish:
- Pre-cook Chicken Breasts until cooked thoroughly (20-50 minutes depending on fresh or frozen), then dice.
- Dice your half Onion and cook until tender (in water or oil).
- Prepare Chicken Noodle Pasta side as shown on package, or if you have the soup, prepare with about 4 cups of water for the consistency we're looking for. (I grab the 'double pack' shown whenever possible).
- Drain Green Beans and drain or slice Mushrooms and combine these all with prepared Onions, Chicken, Noodle mix, and 2 cups of Shredded Cheese.
- Pour mixture into 13 casserole dish and top with remaining 2 cups of Shredded Cheese, and bake on 425°F for 20-25 minutes, turning on your broiler for the last few minutes for your cheese topping if you want.
If you find this Ken's Savory Chicken Noodle Hotdish recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.